- 1 lb self-rising flour
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1 lb mixed, dried fruit
- 2 tbsp marmalade
- ½ pint warm tea
- 1 tsp mixed spice (including coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves)
- 1 egg
- Mix the dried fruit, sugar and tea.
- Let this mixture set overnight.
- The next day, stir in the flour, spice and marmalade to the fruit mixture.
- Beat the egg well, and mix in.
- Grease a loaf pan with non-stick spray, or line with grease-proof paper.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf pan.
- Cook at 325°F for about two hours (or 105 minutes).
- Cool on a rack.
- Very good lathered with salty butter, and washed down with a hot cup of tea.