Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Dissolve ½ tsp sugar in ¼ cup lukewarm water.
- Sprinkle yeast over it and let stand for about 10 minutes.
- Sift flour in bowl and make a well.
- Add salt and yeast mixture.
- Then add 1 cup lukewarm water and start mixing to form a dough.
- Knead, adding more flour until dough is soft, but not sticky.
- Cut into 9 sections and roll into balls.
- Let stand a few minutes.
- Take each ball and roll out until the size of a pie plate about 9 inches.
- Make into piles of three, brushing each circle with melted butter.
- You will have three piles with 3 circles in each pile brushed with melted butter except for the top circle.
- Take one circle and roll out on table.
- Stretch it as much as you can.
- The edge of the circle should be thin as the rest of the circle.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Take ⅓ of your prepared filling and spread along bottom edge of your circle and spread along one side.
- Roll up, cut in half lengthwise, seal each end with your fingers and place on a buttered baking pan.
- Repeat with the remaining circles.
- This will make 6 strips of pastry.
- Brush strips with butter.
- Let rise for about ½ hour and bake in a preheated oven for 350°F for about ½ hour until done.