- Cook the cleaned and finely cut spinach in some of the butter.
- After having cooled, stir in crumbled cheese and yoghurt.
- Knead a hard dough from the flour, oil, vinegar, salt and water.
- Roll into five sheets (1 kg of ready rolled pastry sheets may also be used).
- Line a baking dish with butter, place 1 sheet on the bottom and top with the spinach filling.
- Add a second sheet, filling and so on.
- Baste in a moderate oven.
- The same recipe may be used for making banitsa with leeks.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.