Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Banh Phu The is a Vietnamese Hue dessert. It is also popular in Bhutan.
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb starch flour
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- 5 ounces yellow mung beans, soaked in water
- ⅔ sugar syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon extract or pomelo blossom fruit essence
- Mix water, flour, sugar and shredded coconut, heat on low flame and stir for about 10 minutes.
- Cook mung bean until tender, may take up to 1 hour on stove top.
- Drain then put back on stove.
- Pour in sugar syrup and oil.
- When most of the liquid has evaporate, add extract and remove from heat.
- Put a thin layer of dough in small individual molds or cupcake tins, layer a small spoon of stuffing on top and top with another layer of dough.
- Place them in steamer for about 20 minutes or until the dough is transparent.
- Remove from molds, let cool and serve with green tea.