Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Heat the gee and mix the saffron powder or coloring with milk.
- Heat the oil and quickly 'seal' the chicken cubes by turning frequently for 2 minutes, then add the yellow milk and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute, then add onion and stir-fry for 3 minutes enough to remove the moisture content.
- Now add the garam masala and stir-fry for 2 more minutes.
- Your total frying time is around 10 minutes, and the chicken is half cooked.
- Add the yoghurt, cream and ground almonds and when it starts to simmer turn the heat down and stir-fry for 10 minutes more to ensure it does not stick, adding milk or water as necessary.
- Place saffron strands in a little warm water and extract as much color as you can by gently mashing with a teaspoon.
- Check that the chicken is cooked right through by cutting a large piece across.
- Simmer on if required.
- Just prior to serving add the saffron and salt to taste.
- Garnish with the coriander and almonds, and serve immediately.