- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 25 – 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 8 pork sausages
- 700 g potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 Bramley apples (weight 650 g)
- 15 g butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp instant gravy mix
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the sausages to your liking.
- Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a large pan with just enough water to cover and season with salt. Bring to the boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Peel and quarter 2 of the apples and add to the potatoes, simmer for 5mins or until both are tender. Drain, reserving 1 pint of the cooking liquid and mash with the butter. Season to taste.
- Heat the oil in a medium pan; add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes or until golden.
- Quarter, core and grate the remaining apple add to the onions and sauté for a further 6-8mins or until tender and golden. Add the reserved cooking liquid and gravy mix and stir well until the gravy thickens. Serve the mash and gravy alongside the bangers.