- 2 cups dried green split Peas, pre-soaked
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tblsp. palm oil, or other cooking oil
- 1 very small Onion, thinly sliced
- Cook the Peas in enough water to cover until tender, about 1½ hours. Peel bananas and lay them whole on top of the Peas without mixing. Continue to cook for about 10 minutes until bananas are soft, adding a bit of water if necessary to prevent Peas from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the palm oil in a skillet or pot large enough to hold the Peas and bananas. Brown the onions. Then with a slotted spoon, remove bananas and Peas from the first pot and add to the onions. Sprinkle in the salt and continue to cook over medium heat, stirring gently but constantly, until oil has been absorbed. Serve hot.
- Serves 6 - 8.