Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 1/2 cups bananas, diced
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Place lime juice in a one quart measure.
- Peel bananas and dice directly into lime juice.
- Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Keep stirring as you dice each banana into the lime juice to prevent darkening.
- Measure sugar and water into a wide 2½ quart saucepan, and stir to dissolve sugar as you bring syrup to a boil.
- Cover tightly for the first 2 minutes (so the steam will wash sugar crystals from side of saucepan) then uncover, add bananas (with lime) and boil over low heat for about 30 minutes or until thick.
- Stir often to prevent sticking, especially during last 10 minutes.
- Jam is done when a spoon scraped across bottom of pan leaves a track that closes slowly, or when jam mounds while stirring.
- Fill hot, sterilized jars quickly with the hot jelly or jam mixture, leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe the sealing surface of the jars with a clean paper towel, dampened with hot water, to remove any jam or sugar crystals.
- Place lids, screw on bands finger-tight and process jars for 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
- Cool jars upright for 12-24 hours while vacuum seal is drawn and jam or jelly sets up. Let the jars sit undisturbed while they cool.