Makes 8 servings.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream, divided
- 2 medium bananas, chopped
- 40 vanilla wafers
- 8 maraschino cherry
- Combine rice, milk, butter and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes, or until thick and creamy, stirring frequently.
- Add vanilla. Cool.
- Fold in 1 cup whipped cream and bananas. Line dessert dishes with wafers.
- Spoon pudding over wafers. Top with remaining 1/2 cup whipped cream and cherries.