A divine mix of pancakes and bananas is made and eaten for breakfast, with another dessert being served on the side. You can make this with other fruits in a pancake for breakfast or dessert, while it often keeps a natural taste with the fruits.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 45 g. melted butter or (4 tablespoons oil, corn, canola, or vegetable only)
- 2-3 very ripe mashed bananas
- 3 tablespoons fruit juice, lemon or lime only, optional
- Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Make a well in the middle. Combine the remaining ingredients; add flour and beat until free of lumps.
- Heat a frying pan with a little extra butter or oil.
- When the pan is hot, spoon in one desired amount of mixture.
- When bubbles start to appear in the batter, flip over and cook the other side.
- Have more bananas sliced on top and drizzle with honey or with fresh fruit, or a squeeze of lemon or lime and a sprinkle of sugar. Serve hot and plain.