Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This quickly made bread is high on the list of nourishing foods.
- Banana-Nut Bread from Recipes for Better Nutrition During Cancer Treatment by the National Cancer Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: About 60–75 minutes
- Serves: 16 (Makes 1 large loaf or 3 small loaves)
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium well-ripened bananas, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ - 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans, or wheat germ
- Blend eggs, bananas, milk, oil, and vanilla at medium speed until smooth, about 15 seconds.
- Measure rest of ingredients into bowl and stir to mix.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in banana mixture.
- Mix just enough to moisten.
- Add nuts.
- Spread batter into well greased 9x5x3-inch loaf pan or three small 5x3x2-inch pans.
- Bake the bread at 350°F, about 1 hour for the large loaf and 35–45 minutes for the smaller ones.