Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 14 slices, each one about ½ inch thick.
Dry ingredients Edit
- 1½ cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
Wet ingredients Edit
- Mix together whole wheat flour, shredded coconut, baking powder, baking soda and ½ teaspoon salt, in a bowl, set aside.
- Combine mashed banana, vegetable oil and honey.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ones,until just combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Batter will be rough, lumpy and stiff.
- Spread the batter evenly in a lightly greased loaf pan.
- Bake about 45 – 50 minutes at 350°F.
- Turn out of pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
After making this,let it cool,wrap and let stand over night before cutting,to allow the flavors to blend. To store longer than 2 days, store in fridge.
Nutritional information Edit
- carbs: 16 | fat : 4 | protein: 2