- 3 tablespoons shredded fresh coconut
- 60g/2oz cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablestpoons grated ginger root
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 6 bananas
- 60g/2oz cup caster sugar dfvfvfvfv
- 4tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6tbsp orange liqueur 3tsp toasted seasme seedlime slices to decorate
- Heat a small non-stick frying pan until hot. Add the coconut and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute until lightly coloured. Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan until it melts. Add the ginger and orange zest and mix well.
- Peel and slice the bananas lengthways.
- Place the bananas cut-side down in the butter mixture and cook for 1–2 minutes or until the sauce mixture starts to become sticky. Turn to coat in the sauce.
- Remove the bananas from the pan and place on heated serving plates. Keep warm.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the orange liqueur, stirring well to blend.
- Ignite with a taper, allow the flames to die down, then pour over the bananas.
- Sprinkle with the coconut and sesame seeds and serve at once, decorated with slices of lime.
- add chocolate syrup as desired.