Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup cut up dates
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- cream Sugar and shortening thoroughly.
- Add banana and lemon juice and mix well.
- Sift flour, soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients, dates and nuts to creamed mixture, stirring just until all flour is moistened. Spread in a well-greased 9 x 5 x 3 inch.loaf pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes.