Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Layers of crunchy gingernut biscuit with slices of banana, caramel and topped with whipped cream makes this tart sinfully delicious.
- 1 packet (200g) ginger biscuits, crushed
- 75 g (80 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 packet lemon jelly
- 125 ml boiling water
- 125 ml cold water
- 6 average size bananas
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tin (385g) caramel condensed milk
- 1 tin (170g) evaporated milk kept in freezer or fridge overnight
- 125 ml whipped cream
- Mix the biscuit crumbs and butter well
- Press into a 2 litre pie dish with the back of a spoon to form the tart crust and leave in the fridge till needed.
- Dissolve the jelly in the boiling water. Add the cold water and set aside to cool till it thickens but not set.
- Peel 5 of the bananas and cut in slices. Mix the slices lightly with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Layer the banana slices on top of the crust.
- Whip the condensed milk and add the cooled jelly.
- Whip the evaporated milk till foamy and stiff and fold into the condensed milk mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the bananas and place in the fridge to set.
- Just before serving, garnish the tart by placing the remaining sliced banana, dipped in lemon juice onto the tart.
- Decorate the edge of the tart with the cream.