Layers of crunchy gingernut biscuit with slices of banana, caramel and topped with whipped cream makes this tart sinfully delicious.
- 1 packet (200g) ginger biscuits, crushed
- 75 g (80 ml) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 packet lemon jelly
- 125 ml boiling water
- 125 ml cold water
- 6 average size bananas
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 tin (385g) caramel condensed milk
- 1 tin (170g) evaporated milk kept in freezer or fridge overnight
- 125 ml whipped cream
- Mix the biscuit crumbs and butter well
- Press into a 2 litre pie dish with the back of a spoon to form the tart crust and leave in the fridge till needed.
- Dissolve the jelly in the boiling water. Add the cold water and set aside to cool till it thickens but not set.
- Peel 5 of the bananas and cut in slices. Mix the slices lightly with the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- Layer the banana slices on top of the crust.
- Whip the condensed milk and add the cooled jelly.
- Whip the evaporated milk till foamy and stiff and fold into the condensed milk mixture.
- Pour the mixture over the bananas and place in the fridge to set.
- Just before serving, garnish the tart by placing the remaining sliced banana, dipped in lemon juice onto the tart.
- Decorate the edge of the tart with the cream.