- ½ cup margarine or butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium size bananas (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1½ cups of self-raising flour
- ⅓ cup of milk - well enough to give it the right texture, wet, but not runny.
- Pre-heat oven to 180 °C (gas/electric).
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract until creamy.
- Gradually beat in eggs and add mashed bananas.
- Mix milk and bicarbonate of soda and fold into banana mixture with flour.
- Pour batter into a round greased 20 cm deep-sided cake pan.
- Bake for 45–51minutes in a hot oven.