Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The spices and lime peel and juice are common ingredients in Guatemalan dessert breads.
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar — packed
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp allspice, ground
- 1¼ cup bananas, 2 large — mashed
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 egg, large
- 1½ tsp lime peel, grated
- 1 tbsp lime juice, fresh
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom only of 9x5x3 loaf pan or 2 pans of 8½x4½x2½ inches.
- These last pan sizes are common for holiday bread baking.
- Mix all ingredients; beat for 30 seconds.
- Pour into pan and bake until wooden pick comes out clean.
- Large pan about 70 – 80 minutes, smaller pans 55–60 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Loosen sides of loaf from pan; remove from pan.
- Cool completely before slicing.
- To store, wrap and refrigerate no longer than 1 week.