- Cookbook: The Illustrated Encyclopedia of American Cooking
- Author: Editors of Favorite Recipes Press
- Contributed by Susan Godfrey email@example.com at Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tsp soda
- 2 cup flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 large bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine shortening, sugar and eggs; blend well.
- Dissolve soda in 3 Tbsp hot water; mix with sugar mixture.
- Add 1 cup flour and salt; beat well.
- Add bananas, remaining flour and vanilla; mix until smooth.
- Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.