Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bran Flakes: Fortified Ready to Eat Cereal by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 12
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup crushed bran flakes
- 1 cup lowfat milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 °F.
- Oil an 8” x 8” pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and bran flakes.
- In a separate small bowl combine the milk, eggs, carrot, banana and walnuts.
- Add milk mixture to cereal mixture, mixing well.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25–35 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cut 3 x 4 to make twelve bars.