Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 tablespoon small pearl tapioca (not quick-cooking)
- 1 (14 ounce) can light unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 3 firm-ripe bananas
- minced crystallized ginger
- In a small bowl, soften tapioca in warm water to cover 1 hour.
- While tapioca is soaking, in a small saucepan, cook coconut milk, ginger and Sugar over moderate heat, stirring, until Sugar is dissolved.
- Remove pan from heat and let mixture stand 10 minutes.
- Drain tapioca.
- Peel bananas and quarter lengthwise.
- Cut quarters into ½ inch pieces.
- Heat coconut milk mixture over low heat and gently stir in tapioca and bananas.
- Cook pudding, stirring (be careful not to break up bananas), until thickened slightly and bananas are heated through, about 5 minutes, and cool.
- Divide pudding among six ramekins and chill, covered, until cold.
- Garnish puddings with crystallized ginger.