- 1/2 cup butter, soften
- 1/2 cup prune puree or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup raw cane Sugar (Turbinado)
- 3 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and prune puree and beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the Sugar, bananas, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour and baking soda.
- Stir in the Oats and chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Drop the dough by teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.