- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup prune puree or unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup raw cane sugar or brown sugar
- 3 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the butter and prune puree and beat with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add the sugar, bananas, eggs and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour and baking soda.
- Stir or mix up the oats and chocolate chips until incorporated.
- Drop the dough by teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Serve plain.