Okra in oil.
- 1½ lbs okra fresh,frozen, or canned; trim stem end and wash.
- 32 oz tomatoes, washed and sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 heads garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- ½ cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 cup fresh, finely chopped coriander - washed
- 1 tbsp ground dried coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh red or green chile
- 1 cup water
- a dash of ground allspice
- a dash of sugar
- Fry the okra in oil.
- Remove and put on paper towels.
- Fry onions in oil until transparent.
- Add the dried coriander and garlic. Stir for 2 minutes until scented.
- Add the tomatoes. Cook over medium heat for another 2 minutes.
- Add okra, salt, sugar, allspice, chile, and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 25 minutes or until the okra is tender.
- Add fresh coriander and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove chile and serve cold.