Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Okra in oil.
- 1½ lbs okra fresh,frozen, or canned; trim stem end and wash.
- 32 oz tomatoes, washed and sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 heads garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- ½ cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 cup fresh, finely chopped coriander - washed
- 1 tbsp ground dried coriander
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 fresh red or green chile
- 1 cup water
- a dash of ground allspice
- a dash of sugar
- Fry the okra in oil.
- Remove and put on paper towels.
- Fry onions in oil until transparent.
- Add the dried coriander and garlic. Stir for 2 minutes until scented.
- Add the tomatoes. Cook over medium heat for another 2 minutes.
- Add okra, salt, sugar, allspice, chile, and water.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 25 minutes or until the okra is tender.
- Add fresh coriander and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove chile and serve cold.