Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Okra with meat
- 32 oz canned small okra
- 14 oz stew meat, cubed
- 32 oz tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1½ cups water
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tspn ground allspice
- ½ tspn ground cinnamon
- 2 tbls butter or shortening
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 head garlic, peeled and crushed with a dash of salt
- a bunch of green coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- Sauté stew meat with shortening.
- Place meat in another pot.
- Cover with water.
- Add salt.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Place aside.
- Sauté Onion with shortening until transparent.
- Stir in okra for 8 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and coriander for another 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, meat, stock, lemon juice and spices.
- Shake the pot twice on moderate heat.
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot accompanied with rice.