Okra with meat
- 32 oz canned small okra
- 14 oz stew meat, cubed
- 32 oz tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1½ cups water
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tspn ground allspice
- ½ tspn ground cinnamon
- 2 tbls butter or shortening
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 head garlic, peeled and crushed with a dash of salt
- a bunch of green coriander, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- Sauté stew meat with shortening.
- Place meat in another pot.
- Cover with water.
- Add salt.
- Cover and cook for 2 hours.
- Place aside.
- Sauté Onion with shortening until transparent.
- Stir in okra for 8 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and coriander for another 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, meat, stock, lemon juice and spices.
- Shake the pot twice on moderate heat.
- Cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot accompanied with rice.