There are as many recipes for Bami Goreng as there are people to make them. This is an Indonesian dish that's traditional to Holland. This is my version and I hope you enjoy it.
- 200 g Chinese egg noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 500 g chicken breasts, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ cup vegetable broth or chicken broth (I use shiitaki)
- 1 onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 175 g ham, cubed
- 50 g shrimp, cooked
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (Indonesian red chili paste)
- 4 tablespoons ketjap manis (Indonesian sweet soy sauce)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste and
Cooking Directions Edit
- Cook chinese egg noodles according to package directions; drain in a strainer and rinse with cool running water (to prevent further cooking or sticking); set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Swirl in the beaten egg to make an omelet.
- Remove from pan and let cool.
- Cut omelet into thin strips; set aside.
- In a large wok style pan heat oil.
- Saute chicken with garlic, coriander, ginger and broth until chicken is no longer pink (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add sliced onion, carrot, leek and ketjap manis; sauté 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add cubed ham, cooked shrimp, and sambal oelek; cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add sliced omelet and Chinese egg noodles; mix well and heat thoroughly before serving.