- Ethnicity - Assamee, North East Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- One-foot long: Tender bamboo shoot
- 2 tsp: baking soda
- 1 tsp: fenugreek
- 4 no: Dry red chillies
- 1 cup: oil
- salt to taste
- Scale off the hard exterior of the bamboo shoot, wash and cut into small pieces.
- Add the baking soda and mix it well.
- Fry the methi seeds and red dry chillies and add salt to taste.
- Put the bamboo shoot into the pan and cook on a slow fire.
- When the bamboo shoot dries up, add 2 tbsps of water, stir well.
- Serve hot and crisp.