Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Makes about 2 cups.
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ⅔ cup sugar
- ¾ tbsp grated peeled fresh gingerroot
- 2 fresh rhubarb stalks; leaves discarded, ends trimmed, and stalks cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices, or 2 cups frozen sliced rhubarb,thawed, reserving liquid
- In a saucepan simmer vinegar with sugar and gingerroot, stirring, until sugar is dissolved and stir in rhubarb (with reserved liquid if using frozen).
- If using fresh rhubarb, simmer until crisp-tender, about 1 minute, and transfer with a slotted spoon to a bowl.
- If using frozen, as soon as mixture returns to a simmer transfer rhubarb with slotted spoon to bowl.
- Simmer liquid until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes, and remove pan from heat.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Serve compote warm or at room temperature.