This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Dougherty Estate in Crandall, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ teaspoons fresh rosemary minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Combine rosemary, garlic, pepper and salt in small bowl then mix well.
- Place chicken in large bowl and drizzle chicken with oil then rub with spice mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Spray heavy roasting pan or cast iron skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in pan and bake 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken over stirring in 4 tablespoons water if drippings begin to stick to pan.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in center.
- If pan is dry stir in another 2 tablespoons water to loosen drippings.
- Drizzle vinegar over chicken in pan.
- Transfer chicken to plates.
- Stir liquid in pan then drizzle over chicken.