Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Balsamic Glazed Pearl Onions from the Seattle & King County Office of Public Health—original source of recipe, in the public domain
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serves: 8
- 2 quarts water
- 4 lbs pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, crushed
- ⅔ cup dry red wine
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- In a large stockpot, bring water to a boil then add onions.
- Stir for 30 seconds then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Peel onions then arrange on a jellyroll pan.
- Sprinkle onions evenly with rosemary.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together wine, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, oil and honey then drizzle over onions.
- Bake for 30 minutes stirring once after first 15 minutes.
- Remove onions with a slotted spoon and set aside in a bowl.
- Pour remaining balsamic sauce from pan into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes until slightly syrupy.
- Pour balsamic sauce over onions then toss to coat.