- 3 tbsp oil
- 6 Spring onions, chopped
- 1 heaped teasp paprika
- 300g/11oz minced Veal
- 300g/11oz minced Pork
- 200g/7oz rice
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped mint
- salt and black pepper
- 32 Vine Leaves
- Boiling water
- 240ml/8fl.oz. Plain yoghurt
- 25g/1oz Melted butter
- Extra paprika
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan then add the onions and fry, stirring, for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the paprika, meat, rice, mint, parsley and salt, mix well then pour in enough boiling water to just cover the mixture. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the vine leaves in a large mixing bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Boil off any remaining liquid from the rice mixture if necessary then place one teaspoonful of the meat mixture on each vine leaf.
- Roll the leaves up into little parcels and arrange, seam side down in a wide saucepan.
- Gently pour 360ml/12fl.oz. of hot water over the parcels, bring to simmering point then cover and simmer on a low heat for about 30 minutes.
- When almost ready, mix some extra paprika into the melted butter .