- Wash the fish fillet, drain and pat dry with paper towels.
- Then cut the fillet into serving portions.
- Heat a small saucepan with about 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Saute the onions until soft.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir over moderate heat until golden brown.
- Add lemon rind, Laos powder, sambal ulek, lemon juice, soy sauce, sugar and salt to taste.
- Simmer for 2 – 3 minutes, and set aside.
- Heat a deep frying pan with the peanut oil and fry the fish until golden brown on both sides.
- Darin, put on serving place and spoon the sauce over before serving hot with rice.