Avocado and chocolate? The combination sounds surprising but tastes great! This dessert recipe was developed by Kirsti Soukka who wanted to recreate a dessert she enjoyed on her holiday in Bali.
Chocolate pudding Edit
Avocado mixture Edit
To serve Edit
- Combine milk, corn starch and Sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring the mixture slowly to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for one minute, stirring all the time.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and add grated chocolate, stir to combine.
- Add vanilla, stir.
- Pour the mixture into a tall, narrow dish: the mixture will form a crust when it cools, and the narrower the dish, the less crust will form.
- Allow the mixture to cool and remove said crust.
- To make avocado mixture: Peel avocados and discard pits.
- Combine fruit pulp, milk, Sugar and lemon juice, puree the mixture until smooth.
- Take four drinking glasses and a piece of thin cardboard.
- Cut four pieces of cardboard to fit in the glasses and'halve' them vertically.
- Pour chocolate mixture on one side of the cardboard, avocado mixture on the other.
- Carefully remove the cardboard.
- Sprinkle grated chocolate on top, pop in a spoon, and serve!