Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 lb. strudel or fillo pastry sheets
- 1/2 lb. sweet butter, melted
- 1/2 lb. walnuts or pistacchio nuts, coarsely ground
- 1/4 lb. blanched almonds coarsely ground
- 1/4 lb. sesame seeds (unsalted)
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. icing sugar
- 3 cups Sugar
- 4 cups water
- Juice of 1/4 lemon
- 1 piece orange peel
- 1 piece lemon peel
- 1/2 cup liquid Honey
- Cut pastry sheets into strip about 2 inches wide and brush lightly with melted butter.
- Place about one tsp. of filling at one end of the pastry strip and fold the corner over to form a triangle.
- Continue to fold from side to side in the form of a triangle until you reach the end of the sheet. #Place on a very lightly buttered baking sheet.
- Repeat this procedure until all pastry and filling is used.
- Sprinkle with butter on top and bake in a preheated oven 350 F. for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Dip quickly in warm syrup using a slotted spoon.