Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- puff pastry - 225 g (8 oz),
- Red jam - 4 tbsp,
- ground almonds - 110 g (4 oz),
- caster sugar - 110 g (4 oz),
- butter - 50 g (2 oz), softened,
- eggs - 3, beaten,
- almond essence - * tsp.
1. Pre-heat oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6.
2. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use to line a 900 ml (1* pint) shallow pie dish. Knock up the edge of the pastry with the back of a knife.
3. Mark the rim with the prongs of a fork. Brush the jam over the base. Chill in the refrigerator while making the filling.
5. Pour the filling over the jam and spread it evenly. Bake for 30 minutes or until the filling is set. Serve warm or cold with fresh cream or custard.