Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
This baked couscous side dish is packed full of exotic flavours - your summer barbeques and buffets are solved!
- 227g/8oz pre-cooked couscous
- 4 medium eggs, beaten
- 227g/8oz fat-free natural fromage frais
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large courgette
- 2 baby aubergines
- 142ml /¼pt vegetable stock
- 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes with garlic
- ½ - 1 tsp hot chilli powder
- fresh chives to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4. Soak the couscous according to the directions on the packet, and then place in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the eggs, fromage frais, chives and plenty of seasoning. Mix well and transfer to a small non-stick baking tin lined with baking parchment. Press down well and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until frim and lightly crushed. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the sauce. Trim and finely dice the courgette and augbergines and place in a saucepan with the stock. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, chilli powder to taste and seasoning. Bring to the boil and simmer for a further 5 minutes until thick and tender.
- Cut the couscous into wedges and serve with the sauce, garnished with fresh chives and sprinkled with more ground black pepper if liked.