- Cut open squash (cut in half or into chunks), scoop out seeds.
- Lay cut-side down in a baking pan. Peel and core 1 or 2 apples; slice, and scatter the apple slices in with the squash.
- Scatter a handful or two of cranberries around with the squash and apples.
- If you like your squash a bit moist, add a tablespoon or two of water to the bottom of the pan (I don't do this; my husband does).
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake at 400 °F for 1 hour, or until a fork stuck into the hard outside shell meets with no resistance.
- Scoop the squash out of the rind, scoop up a bit of the apple and cranberries on the side, and enjoy!