Purchased from a garage sale in 1988. Date and source unknown.
- 2 pounds dried Swedish brown beans (I’m not really sure what these are)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound lean salt Pork, cut in cubes
- 1-cup Dark molasses
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/4-teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium white Onion, sliced
- Wash beans and soak overnight in cold water to cover.
- Add salt and salt Pork and simmer for 2 hours.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Place in deep bean pot.
- Bake covered in 325 oven for 5 hours, adding more water if beans become too dry.