Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Purchased from a garage sale in 1988. Date and source unknown.
- 2 pounds dried Swedish brown beans (I’m not really sure what these are)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound lean salt Pork, cut in cubes
- 1-cup Dark molasses
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/4-teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium white Onion, sliced
- Wash beans and soak overnight in cold water to cover.
- Add salt and salt Pork and simmer for 2 hours.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Place in deep bean pot.
- Bake covered in 325 oven for 5 hours, adding more water if beans become too dry.