Makes 4 servings
- 1 red snapper (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 4-ounce can sliced Mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup diced water chestnuts
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup diced pimento
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Clean and butterfly fish. Combine rice, Mushrooms, water chestnuts, onions, pimento, Parsley, lemon peel, salt, and pepper; toss lightly.
- Fill cavity of fish with rice mixture; enclose filling with wooden toothpicks soaked in water.
- Place fish in 13x9x2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; brush fish with margarine.
- Bake fish at 400 degrees 18 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Wrap remaining rice in foil and bake in oven with fish.