Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A quick and tasty appetizer ideal for preparing ahead of time and popping in the oven when guests arrive. Toasted stuffing with garlic, mushrooms and fresh chives and parsley makes an attractive topping for tender, juicy shrimp. Serve with a wedge of lemon for a bit of tang and added elegance.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 8 to 10 as an appetizer
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, finely minced
- 2 pounds jumbo raw shrimp, shelled, tail left on
- 1 cup bread crumbs or natural cracker crumbs (use gluten-free bread crumbs or cracker crumbs, if desired)
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely minced
- ¼ cup fresh chives, minced
- ½ cup butter, melted
- sea salt, to taste
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- paprika to garnish
- lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a 9x13 glass baking dish.
- Spread the oil along the bottom.
- Set aside.
- Cut the shrimp by making a slice along the length of the underside of the shrimp.
- Remove the vein while doing this.
- Don't cut all the way through the shrimp but just deep enough to open the shrimp to lay flat.
- Sauté the garlic and mushrooms in the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until mushrooms have given up their liquid.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the bread crumbs or cracker crumbs to the mushrooms in the pan along with the parsley, chives, melted butter, salt, pepper and cayenne, if using.
- Lay the shrimp open and flat in the prepared baking dish, and place even amounts of the crumb mixture on top of each.
- Bake the shrimp for 15 to 20 minutes or until they are pink.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Lightly sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (132g-wt.):
- 260 calories (140 from fat) | 15g total fat | 7g saturated fat | 21g protein | 10g total carbohydrate (less than 1g dietary fiber, 0g sugar) | 160mg cholesterol | 570mg sodium