Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
From my Aunt Maggie's collection. She had a notation that this is a choir supper favorite. Notation on card says "always take recipe, you won't get by without giving it out a dozen times". Dated 1938.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 can whole tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large redfish
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- lemon slices
- ¾ can plain bread crumbs
- 1 small can crab meat
- 1 cup cooked chopped shrimp
- 2 green onions chopped
- salt and red pepper to taste
- Make a roux with a large spoon of margarine and a half of a cup of flour; when brown add garlic, bell pepper and onions; cook a few minutes.
- Add tomato paste and tomatoes and enough water to make a medium thick gravy.
- Season well.
- Cook about 1 hour adding more water when needed.
- Wash and dry the fish.
- Season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the fish.
- Mix and add enough milk to hold stuffing together.
- Piece fish in roasting pan.
- Pour on tomato gravy and bake uncovered in 325 °Ff oven for about 45 minutes.
- Baste fish often.
- When almost cooked add parsley and lemon slices to the top of the fish.