Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- one whole fish weighing 3-4 lbs, scaled and cleaned
- 3 tsp margarine
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- ¼ chopped onion
- 1 hot pepper, seed removed and chopped
- 2 tsp lime or lemon juice
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Split the fish lengthwise to expose the cavity.
- Rub the fish inside and outside with a mixture of 1 tablespoon margarine, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Let stand while preparing stuffing.
- In a small pan, heat 2 tablespoons of margarine, saute half of the onions until soft, add bread crumbs, chopped onions, hot pepper, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- The consistency of the stuffing must be moist.
- Fill cavity of the fish with stuffing.
- Secure edges with skewers or sew together.
- Place fish in a buttered baking dish.
- Arrange remaining onion slices and tomatoes over fish.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Add 1 cup of water to dish.