Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A River of Recipes: Native American Recipes Using Commodity Foods by the USDA Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 4-6
- ½ package (1 pound) spaghetti, cooked according to directions
- 4 (15½ ounce) cans tomatoes, chopped, with juice
- ½ can luncheon meat, diced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Rinse cooked spaghetti in cold water; set aside to drain.
- Chop tomatoes as small as possible; set aside with juice.
- Brown luncheon meat in large pan with oil. Add onion, lower flame and stir constantly until onions are brown. Add tomatoes with juice, cilantro, oregano, basil, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In oiled 4 quart pan, layer half of the cooked spaghetti, ½ tomato mixture, then the rest of the spaghetti, then the rest of the tomato mixture. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.