Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Seafood Recipes by the South Carolina Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 1 shad fillet
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ fresh lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fish stock, white wine or water
- 1 tsp capers
- pinch of fresh dill
- Lightly season shad fillet.
- Place in moderately hot non-reactive skillet with touch of butter.
- Transfer to 375°F oven. Bake about 3 minutes until shad is halfway done.
- Glaze lightly with Dijon mustard.
- Squeeze lemon over the shad. Add splash of white wine, fish stock or water(about 1 fl. oz).
- Continue to bake 2 – 3 minutes until shad is almost cooked.
- Carefully remove the shad to the plate.
- Swirl 1 tsp butter into pan juices, then add capers and fresh dill.
- Spoon butter sauce over the shad.
- Serve with your favorite green vegetable, such as broccoli or green beans and mashed potatoes.