Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- 4 servings.
- 1 salmon fillet 1 pound total, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- ¼ cup dry white wine or vermouth
Horseradish Mayonnaise Edit
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons freshly grated horseradish or prepared horseradish, drained
- 2 teaspoons drained capers, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Prepare a shallow roasting pan or baking dish with nonstick pan spray.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, in the pan.
- Sprinkle the shallots over the slices; pour wine evenly over all.
- Bake 6 to 8 minutes or just until the fish is opaque.
- While the fish is cooking, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, horseradish and capers, if desired, in a small bowl; mix well.
- Transfer the salmon and shallots to warm serving plates with a slotted spatula.
- Top each serving with a heaping tablespoon of horseradish mayonnaise.
- Garnish with capers, if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ¼ of recipe:
- Calories: 231 | Fat: 13 g | Cholesterol: 82 mg | Sodium: 121 mg | Carbohydrate: 2 g | Dietary Fiber: 0 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 25g