It's a perfect Sunday meal. This sauce isn't your typical tomato saucy meat rigatoni. Please enjoy,it's special enough for Christmas Eve dinner too!
- In large pan heat oil& butter over low heat.
- Add Onion, carrot, celery, garlic, parsley, basil and cook until very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Raise heat to moderate, add ground Beef, fennel seed, salt and black pepper, cook until no longer pink.
- Add wine and cook until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juices and simmer covered for 30 minutes.
- Stir in Parmesan and continue to cook.
- Preheat oven to 350, and lightly grease 3 quart baking dish.
- In a large pot of boiling water cook rigatoni until almost al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Drain, toss Pasta with meat sauce.
- Put 1/2 of the mixture in dish, sprinkle with 1/2 the mozzarella, cover with remaining Pasta mixture, and top with remaining Cheese.
- Bake until Pasta is hot, about 20 minutes.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit