- 1 red snapper (large)
- 1 large Onion sliced thinly
- olive oil to taste
- 1 can stewed tomatoes or just canned tomatoes and juice from the can. You can use tomatoes you've preserved yourself if you wish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2bay leaf and 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 5 potatoes cut into wedges
- Preheat pan to 350F or 176C Before Pam cooking spray existed, my mom used olive oil by pouring some into the pan and then adding the red snapper that has been thoroughly washed, cleaned and scaled (fishmongers usually will do this for you).
- I use the Pam first to keep the fish from sticking and the olive oil later.
- Add the red snapper to the pan.
- Add sliced Onion, stewed tomatoes and it's juice, potatoes, salt and pepper, bay leaves and paprika.
- Finish by drizzling olive oil over the fish and potatoes.
- Bake covered for about 35 to 40 minutes.
- Uncover and test the Snapper. It should be easy to flake with a fork.
- Cook uncovered another 20 to 30 minutes to brown the potatoes a little.
- Serve with a glass of wine and a salad and a few slices of freshly baked bread.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.