Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Baxter Estate in Heath, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 yellow squash cut in thin rounds
- 3 zucchini cut in thin rounds
- 5 small tomatoes cut in thin rounds
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons dill
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Put olive oil, vinegar, tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, basil, dill, oregano, black pepper, pepper flakes and salt in a food processor and blend.
- Wet the bottom of an oven dish with this sauce.
- Place thin rounds of zucchini, yellow squash and tomato one on top of the other.
- Pour the rest of the tomato sauce on top.
- Scatter the chopped parsley over sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven at 375°F for one hour.