- 2 tbl olive oil
- 2 x leeks, white part only, cle
- 2 x cloves garlic, peeled and diced
- 1 x green bell pepper, diced
- 1 x red bell pepper, diced
- 4 x eggs
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 1/2 cup grated smoked Cheddar Cheese
- 1 lb Peruvian potatoes, unpeeled, diced and
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp thyme leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- oil a 2-quart gratin dish.
- In a sautepan over medium heat, heat olive oil and add leeks.
- Saute, stirring, until they become tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Add the peppers and cook, covered, for 5 to 10 more minutes, until peppers are tender, yet crisp.
- Remove pepper mixture for the heat.
- In a bowl, beat eggs and milk.
- Stir in the quinoa and add Cheese, potatoes, pepper mixture, salt, pepper and thyme. *Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for about 35 to 45 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Let mixture rest about 5 minutes before serving.