Baked Potatoes with Vegetables from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe—public domain government resource
- Serves: 6
- 20 russet potatoes
- 4 – 5¾ oz can of black, pitted large olives
- 4 - 5 green onions
- 2 – 3 carrots
- 18 oz of vegetarian chili
- 1 potato
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz nonfat yogurt (or sour cream)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash potatoes thoroughly and poke with a fork 4-5 times.
- Wrap in foil or place on a cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for 45 – 60 minutes or until soft.
- While potatoes are cooking, chop olives and green onions into small slices and grate carrots.
- Heat chili briefly in microwave or on stove top until warm.
- Place olives, carrots, onions, broccoli, cheddar cheese, yogurt or sour cream, chili and salsa out buffet-style to create your own potato bar!
- Carefully take out potatoes when finished cooking.
- Slice open and garnish with your favorites toppings.