From Menu and Recipes Week 3/11/07
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 lb bacon
- ⅔ cup margarine
- ⅔ cup flour
- 7 cup milk
- 4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions
- 1½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- Cook bacon. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- In Dutch oven or stock pot, melt margarine over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually, stir in milk, whisking constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in potatoes and onions.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Continue cooking stirring frequently, until cheese is melted. Add milk if too thick.