Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 4 – 5 baking potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 quart milk
- ½ cup celery
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ⅓ cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley or dill, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in the oven and cook for about 1 hour at 350°F degrees.
- Meanwhile heat water in a large saucepan and add chopped celery to the water and simmer until celery is tender.
- When potatoes are fully cooked, slice down the center and scoop the pulp out of each potato and add to celery and water.
- Add milk. butter, sour cream, bacon, green onions, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, parsley or dill and salt and pepper.
- Allow mixture to simmer over low-medium heat until it thickens.
- Serve hot with cheddar cheese sprinkled on top. You may also top with chives (from the top of the green onions), bacon pieces and sour cream.
The Skinny Edit
- Use low-fat milk, sour cream and cheese.